It's been several years since I've updated this journal, and nearly as long since I've been serious about submitting (or even creating) much work. A summary....
1) Phil and I bought the house. I've worked hard on this place and it feels like home. Every room has been painted some wild color and there are skulls and faeries everywhere.
2) Phil and I are getting a divorce. It's best for both of us. I hope that we can both grow into better versions of ourselves because of it.
3) I've been laid off from my position of 8 + years.
4) I will be starting cosmetology classes this month, and I am SUPER EXCITED. I already have a massage therapy license, so my hope is to eventually work for a salon/spa where I can do pretty much everything, as well as offer my creative skill set of photography and art in some way.
5) I am hoping to become active on here again. I've really missed this community, and once I find the stashed photos that I deleted from this account, I will be re-uploading them as well as adding new work.
This journal's random Natalie fact: I live with 4 cats: Boris, Samhain, Loki and Liam. Boris is a 17 year old short-haired tuxedo who originally hails from Holland. Samhain is a 5 or 6 year old black long-haired Norwegian Forest Cat or Maine Coone who used to wander the streets of Troy as a kitten until she decided to plant herself on my doorstep and cry to be let in because she'd chosen me to be her guardian. Loki and Liam are 4 year old brothers that were adopted at the local Humane Society. They are both short-haired tuxedos, and the two snuggliest cats I have ever had the joy of meeting.
You may use my stock photography for just about anything. But here are my few rules:
1. Anywhere you post artwork or images which use my stock photography (*including as reference for a drawing/painting!), you MUST include my name (Natalie Paquette) or my user name (fetishfaerie) in the image itself, or in the description of the image.
If you're posting it outside of dA, find a handy way to do this, please. It would be fantastic if you could link back to me here, or include my email address (email@example.com) as well.
2. Note me if you use one of my stocks.
I want to see what you people can make! That's most of the fun of doing this whole thing, anyway.
3. *Updated September 14th, 2010* If you would like to sell an image you've created using my stock, you have my permission to sell it through dA Prints - UNLESS THE IMAGE IS OTHERWISE MARKED (ie, my stock photos containing models other than myself).
(These images will be clearly marked with "This image may not be used for Commercial Purposes" right in the photo itself.) This applies to all dA artists. However, if you would like to sell prints or merchandise through other means, you must contact me for permission first. Also, if your work involving my stock photography is going to be submitted for publication anywhere (magazines, books, etc.) you MUST obtain my permission first.. and please see rule 4.
4. *New as of December 16th, 2007* If you are using any of my images on commercial products
(you must gain my permission first - note or email me for that!), you must provide me with a copy of that product.
For example, if you use my work to make your band's CD cover, a book cover, if something gets printed in a book or magazine, etc. you must send me a copy of it. Considering that I provide these images for free, it's the only form of compensation I can think of that would be fair. If you're going to be making money from it, I should get something too.
** If you put artwork using my stock onto items at the dA store, or on products through websites like CafePress, you do not need to send me the product. I know they make those as-ordered, not in bulk. HOWEVER, if you wish to be so generous I certainly wouldn't say no.
Just contact me for mailing information. Thanks!
Q. Can I post artwork I've created using your stock on my personal webpage?
A. Yes! You can post artwork you've created using my stock ANYWHERE you'd like, so long as you give me proper credit. (Linkage rocks, too.)
Q. Do you do requests?
A. Sort of. I'm always open to suggestions, but I make no promises. Photographers are hard to come by and some things I just can't do by myself. Time is also an issue, and so is interest. But don't be afraid to ask! I may just decide to oblige you.
Q. Can I use your stock photography as reference for a drawing or painting?
A. Yes! I love to see my work used for more traditional purposes. Please remember to credit me!
Q. Can I sell an image I've created using your stock?
A. If it's through dA prints, you already have my permission. If you'd like to sell it through another website, put it on merchandise, or sell it personally, you must contact me for permission first. (And please see the new Rule 4.)
Q. I'd love to buy one of your stock photos as a print! Why don't you have prints enabled?
A. Honestly, if you like one of my raw stock images that much, then download or save the full version of it and print it out yourself. I won't be offended in the slightest. I feel silly making free stock photos available as prints that people have to pay for (especially since the profit is so low - dA makes most of the money!).
Q. I manipulated one of your photos, and sent you a note - but you haven't left a comment. Did you look at it yet?
A. I've probably looked at it, but I didn't have the time at that moment to leave a thought-out comment. I fall behind very quickly on notes and comments here at dA, and I apologize. If it's been more than three weeks and I've yet to comment, please send me a note again!
Q. I make stuff, and I'd love for you to model it. Would you do that and let me use your photos in my advertisements/on my website?
A. If you want to send me your product and let me keep it, I'd be more than happy to show it off. Just note me and we'll discuss details.