A few pieces of news and something of an apology....
1) My official website is up and running - w w w . n a t a l i e p a q u e t t e . c o m I'm still not entirely happy with some of the headers and fonts, but I got tired of fighting with the Wix software.
2) My husband and I are in the process of buying a house. Yay! .. sort of. We put the offer in on June 26th, and because it's a short sale it took FOREVER to get cleared through the seller's bank. All seemed well and good and we were supposed to close on November 14th - but then we found out that the sellers are in bankruptcy, so everything has to go to the bankruptcy court and a judge/trustee have to "approve" the sale. .. so even though we've forked out nearly $1000 for the inspection, mortgage application fees, and moving supplies, there's the tiniest chance we won't get this place. ... sigh.
So any prayers/faerie wishes/happy thoughts/crossed fingers would be much appreciated. I am currently living out of boxes and fearful that we won't get the keys before the end of the year, in which case I will have to pay for a storage unit, move ALL OF MY SHIT TWICE, and live with my parents for awhile. Ungh.
BUT THIS HOUSE HAS A POOL, so you can be darn sure that if we get it, next summer there will be some underwater photos. Huzzah!
... which leads me to
3) I have been living out of boxes for about 3 weeks now. All of my photography equipment is packed and I have no room to set up a backdrop anywhere in the apartment. My creative life is at something of a stand still. So I apologize to those of you who are waiting for specific reference photos (or are just sad to see me not updating.)
1. Anywhere you post artwork or images which use my stock photography (*including as reference for a drawing/painting!), you MUST include my name (Natalie Paquette) or my user name (fetishfaerie) in the image itself, or in the description of the image. If you're posting it outside of dA, find a handy way to do this, please. It would be fantastic if you could link back to me here, or include my email address (email@example.com) as well.
2. Note me if you use one of my stocks. I want to see what you people can make! That's most of the fun of doing this whole thing, anyway.
3. *Updated September 14th, 2010* If you would like to sell an image you've created using my stock, you have my permission to sell it through dA Prints - UNLESS THE IMAGE IS OTHERWISE MARKED (ie, my stock photos containing models other than myself). (These images will be clearly marked with "This image may not be used for Commercial Purposes" right in the photo itself.) This applies to all dA artists. However, if you would like to sell prints or merchandise through other means, you must contact me for permission first. Also, if your work involving my stock photography is going to be submitted for publication anywhere (magazines, books, etc.) you MUST obtain my permission first.. and please see rule 4.
4. *New as of December 16th, 2007* If you are using any of my images on commercial products (you must gain my permission first - note or email me for that!), you must provide me with a copy of that product. For example, if you use my work to make your band's CD cover, a book cover, if something gets printed in a book or magazine, etc. you must send me a copy of it. Considering that I provide these images for free, it's the only form of compensation I can think of that would be fair. If you're going to be making money from it, I should get something too.
** If you put artwork using my stock onto items at the dA store, or on products through websites like CafePress, you do not need to send me the product. I know they make those as-ordered, not in bulk. HOWEVER, if you wish to be so generous I certainly wouldn't say no. Just contact me for mailing information. Thanks!
A. Yes! You can post artwork you've created using my stock
ANYWHERE you'd like, so long as you give me proper credit. (Linkage rocks, too.)
Q. Do you do requests?
A. Sort of. I'm always open to suggestions, but I make no promises. Photographers are hard to come by and some things I just can't do by myself. Time is also an issue, and so is interest. But don't be afraid to ask! I may just decide to oblige you.
Q. Can I use your stock photography as reference for a drawing or painting?
A. Yes! I love to see my work used for more traditional purposes. Please remember to credit me!
Q. Can I sell an image I've created using your stock?
A. If it's through dA prints, you already have my permission. If you'd like to sell it through another website, put it on merchandise, or sell it personally, you must contact me for permission first. (And please see the new Rule 4.)
Q. I'd love to buy one of your stock photos as a print! Why don't you have prints enabled?
A. Honestly, if you like one of my raw stock images that much, then download or save the full version of it and print it out yourself. I won't be offended in the slightest. I feel silly making free stock photos available as prints that people have to pay for (especially since the profit is so low - dA makes most of the money!). However, if you'd like to purchase some of my work in an effort to support my artistic habits financially - check out my CafePress store!
Q. I manipulated one of your photos, and sent you a note - but you haven't left a comment. Did you look at it yet?
A. I've probably looked at it, but I didn't have the time at that moment to leave a thought-out comment. I fall behind very quickly on notes and comments here at dA, and I apologize. If it's been more than three weeks and I've yet to comment, please send me a note again!
Q. I make stuff, and I'd love for you to model it. Would you do that and let me use your photos in my advertisements/on my website?
A. If you want to send me your product and let me keep it, I'd
be more than happy to show it off. Just note me and we'll discuss details.
Art: Photography: Modeling: